New England F-Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Power steering

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
84ta406

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Power steering Empty
PostSubject: Power steering   Power steering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:10 am

Cars a 2000 ws6, the power steering whines like a f*ckin supercharger while warming up and stuff. Goes away after like 30 mins or so but do these things typically go on these cars or is the auto x taking its toll? Anyone have a clue on how much to replace the pump/ how hard it is. I know SBC not LSx
Back to top Go down
Slowhawk

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Power steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power steering   Power steering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:59 pm

They wear out,expecially if your road racing. I got one at my house with 4k miles on it for $75.
Back to top Go down
84ta406

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Power steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power steering   Power steering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:13 pm

How hard is it to install just like a SBC but with more bolts?
Back to top Go down
Slowhawk

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Power steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power steering   Power steering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:16 pm

Not that hard.3 bolts hold the setup on and 2 hoses.Mine comes with the bracket,just no pulley but I can transfer it if you bring the old pump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power steering   Power steering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power steering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New England F-Body :: F-Body Specific :: 4th Gen-
Jump to: