New England F-Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about TBs

Go down 
+5
1sicws6
02ceta1846
84ta406
midnight_effect
NAVY01Z
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
1sicws6

1sicws6

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Question about TBs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 am

it doesnt flow like the ls6 tho
Back to top Go down
LS1 Queen
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
LS1 Queen

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:03 am

FAST 90 intake and TB are the way to go
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/camarogrrrl
Slowhawk

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

I'm going to be alittle direct here.

The 90 TB will not work on a stock intake. SLP MAF is a waste of $$.The stocker tunes in alot better and makes the same power. I charge $75 to port a stock TB and a gain of 8-10rwhp is normal,more with built motors.LS2 intake is a piece of junk.You'll be lucky to gain anything over a LS6 intake.FAST 90mm is the hot ticket nowadays with the new plastic Weiland coming that could be better. The Cam choice also dictates the intake ect.

Good luck with ESP. Wink
Back to top Go down
My84Z

My84Z

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:19 am

LS1 Queen wrote:
FAST 90 intake and TB are the way to go
I disagree to a point it all depends what you want for future mods cause I say the carb style intake with a 90 is best lol
Back to top Go down
84ta406

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 am

Slowhawk wrote:
I'm going to be alittle direct here.

The 90 TB will not work on a stock intake. SLP MAF is a waste of $$.The stocker tunes in alot better and makes the same power. I charge $75 to port a stock TB and a gain of 8-10rwhp is normal,more with built motors.LS2 intake is a piece of junk.You'll be lucky to gain anything over a LS6 intake.FAST 90mm is the hot ticket nowadays with the new plastic Weiland coming that could be better. The Cam choice also dictates the intake ect.

Good luck with ESP. Wink

The master has spoken :bows: I need to talk to you about a cam in my dads 2000 ws6 though.
Back to top Go down
PontiacMark
NEFA Intercontinental Champion
PontiacMark

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:56 pm

youd be better off porting the tb yourself. there are plenty of diy's on ls1tech and other sites about it. find some new maf ends. youll be good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/m11_27_85l
My84Z

My84Z

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

PontiacMark wrote:
youd be better off porting the tb yourself. there are plenty of diy's on ls1tech and other sites about it. find some new maf ends. youll be good.

Unless you have experience in porting I wouldn't do it there is actual techniques and shit and there is a such thing as overporting
Back to top Go down
NAVY01Z

NAVY01Z

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:16 pm

PontiacMark wrote:

Give me something within the stereo realm and I'm comfortable but honestly I would probably just screw it up if I tried to port it myself. Plus I'm pretty sure Slowhawk will be porting it for me. Is it a hard thing to do?
Back to top Go down
My84Z

My84Z

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:38 pm

not if you have porting experience and the right dremel bits etc..
Back to top Go down
PontiacMark
PontiacMark

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:50 pm

i did mine.... but ya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/m11_27_85l
Slowhawk

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 pm

I've tossed alot of screwed up TB port jobs that customer drove in on. Yes,it's fairly simple if you know what your doing but it's very simple to screw it up.

Don't EVER run ported MAF ends on a LS1!!!! They hurt more than help and it makes the tuners job an unhappy one.
Back to top Go down
midnight_effect
Administrator
Administrator
midnight_effect

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:31 pm

Slowhawk wrote:
I've tossed alot of screwed up TB port jobs that customer drove in on. Yes,it's fairly simple if you know what your doing but it's very simple to screw it up.

Don't EVER run ported MAF ends on a LS1!!!! They hurt more than help and it makes the tuners job an unhappy one.

that and poorly wired O2 extentions LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.nefbody.org
Slowhawk

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:57 pm

midnight_effect wrote:
Slowhawk wrote:

that and poorly wired O2 extentions LOL

Atleast that was simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about TBs   Question about TBs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about TBs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New England F-Body :: F-Body Specific :: 4th Gen-
Jump to: